Tuesday, September 23, 2014

1st day of school

Well Summer is officially over and school is in session. Tatum could not wait to get back to school and start 2nd grade! I must say I was a little unsure how I felt about school starting. A part of me was so ready for school to start because it meant the arguing between the boys would stop, but the other part of me was so not ready for Tatum to be gone all day and the busy Mom life starting again. So far things have been pretty smooth and Tatum couldn't be happier to be back in school.
 
 
 
 
I couldn't be happier with his teacher this year. Here is a kind of cute story about her. Back before 1st grade ended Tatum's grandma went to the nail salon and sat right next to Mrs. Hadlock. The entire time they talked and shared stories and figured out that Tatum could possibly be one of her students the following school year. Tatum's grandma said that she needed to try and get him in her class next year and then called Tatum to tell him all about this great teacher she met. All Summer long Tatum told all of his friends that he was going to be in Mrs. Hadlock's class and a few days before school started Tatum got to go to his school to finally meet her. When he walked into her classroom she gave him a big hug and began to tell him all about how she met his grandma at the nail salon months ago. It was really cute and made him feel pretty special and excited for his first day.
 
 
A week after Tatum started school, Trey had hi first day of preschool. He has been patiently waiting for this day to arrive for quite some time now. I found a wonderful teacher in Highland that
 I think will be a perfect fit for my sweet Trey.
 Trey was so excited to get his turn to hold up a first day of school sign!
 
 
 
 
Walking in with his best friend Emmy.
 
 
Trey with Mrs. Barker. I can't believe he is old enough for school...weird!
 
 

No comments: