Tuesday, April 8, 2008

178th Annual General Conference

So far this year we have had so many wonderful and unforgettable experiences, many of which have been in previous posts. We have been so blessed to be a part of a few of them... such as President Hinckley's viewing and going to visit his grave site. This weekend I had another unforgettable experience. My family was in town for the weekend and we were able to get some tickets to the Saturday morning session of Conference. Now I had been to a few sessions before, but this was a special session. The stake president from my home ward, William Reynolds, just got released and on Saturday he was sustained as a member of the Area Seventy. It was neat to be there for this considering how hard it was to get tickets to this session. My parents stake in California got 20 tickets to share and my Dad amazingly was able to get four of them.


Even more amazing was that we were there to sustain Thomas S. Monson as our new Prophet. The conference center fits 22,000 people and every seat was filled. I have never seen it so packed before. In this session they talked about the building blocks of our faith. I believe that being there to sustain our new Prophet was a building block to my faith. It almost brought me to tears standing there as a member of the Relief Society and again as a congregation, to Sustain Thomas S. Monson as a Prophet, Seer and Revelator. I don't know how anyone could be there at that moment and not believe that this is the true church. This is one of those moments that I truly will never forget.

No comments: