Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Lake Powell

A week after school started we took Tatum out of school and headed to Lake Powell for the week. This time it was really nice because a group went down early and found our spot and set up the house boat so that when we came down with the kids it was a lot less stressful. The day we got there it was Grandma Mary's Birthday and Dustin surprised her with this cute message.




We had so much fun fishing, swimming, tubing, surfing and wake-boarding and catching lizards. The weather was perfect except for one night of crazy wind and rain that forced everyone to sleep in the houseboat instead of up top. 








He is pretty awesome!


We went on a long tubing run. It started out great and everyone was having fun.




Then the water got really choppy and we lost Hunter...



Next up was these three. They all liked it rough and wanted to fall out....everyone excepet me! This was the only picture I got before I went crazy and Told Scott to stop. Tatum is so little and bounces right out of the tube with the smallest waves. I was so nervous that Tatum would fall out and then the waves (being as big as they were) would go over his head and he would be so scared until we could turn around and get him. Oh well Tatum had a blast and Mom needs to let go a little ;)



We went on a boat ride in search for a fun hike and ended up finding a cave to swim in. We told the kids it was a pirate cave and they thought it was the coolest thing ever. It reminded us adults of the Goonies.
 

We had a lot of down time when others went out on the boat. These two were dancing and singing and making me laugh.








I tried to touch the wall but got too scared to go closer :)


Hunter was an allstar wake boarding for his first time this trip!
 

I was pretty impressed when Grandpa Scott got up on the surf board his first try! We wont talk about how my run went :(


Our last tubing run before we headed home. Trey was so brave to go on the tube!
 

 Eric was trying to make it more fun by doing tricks and I think he scared JJ a bit.


Coming in JJ got brave again and these two thought they were pretty awesome!
 

I know I posted a million pics but the whole trip was such a blast that I couldn't leave anything out. Can't wait for next year already!

No comments: