Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Mother's Day

This Mother's Day was very special for me. It was a busy weekend with my baby shower, birthday, and mother's day all in one. 

On Thursday evening my neighborhood threw me a baby shower. Not only did I get totally spoiled and "showered" with gifts, I also got the biggest and best surprise ever....my Mom! During the shower the door opened and in walks my Mom. I had no idea that she had secretly planned with Elan to come from California and surprise me for my shower. She was seriously the last person I would have expected to walk in that door. It was such a pleasant surprise and it was so fun to spend the weekend with her.

This is just a portion of what I got. Gifts kept arriving at my door for a week following my shower. I love every single thing I got and can not wait to dress this little princess up!


The next day was my birthday and I already felt like I had had my birthday with the shower the night before. I had a great day but didn't take any pictures. I got to spend the day with my Mom and sisters eating good food and shopping. Then Eric took me out to dinner and a movie that night. Simple and perfect.

Mother's Day was very special to me. It has been a while since I have gotten to spend the day with my Mom. She came to church with me and got to hear Tatum give a talk in primary and then got to have brunch with us in relief society. After church we made her a nice dinner before it was time to take her to the airport. I grabbed my camera and took a few pictures before she left.

Just the girls, half of which were 8 months pregnant :)


And Grandma with my boys.





They were sad to see her go and so was I.

That evening we went to see Eric's Mom. While I was out shopping with my Mom I found this sign that made me laugh and immediately think of Mary.


Hunter made her the cutest card.


 And Rachel got her the best gift...a parachute!


After we played for a bit I made Eric snap some a few quick pics of me with my two munchkins, soon to be 3!



I am so thankful for the wonderful people I am surrounded by, especially my children. I love being a Mom and I love these little ones more than anything!

No comments: