Thursday, November 8, 2007

I love being a Mom!!


Ok last night we threw my sister-in-law Stephanie a baby shower (well my mother-in-law did almost everything, I just helped her get ready). She is due in about 2 weeks and is having a baby boy. It was a lot of fun, we enjoyed salads and cheesecake and had fun opening gifts. It brought back a lot of memories from my baby shower they threw me and I got a little bit sad. We sat and watched Stephanie's stomach as baby "SnoDgrAsS" kicked inside of her and I couldn't help but remember the wonderful feeling that brings. I quickly got on the computer and reminisced at old photos of myself while I was pregnant. I know it sounds kind of dumb, but I truly miss being pregnant. My clothes fit better (I know it sounds crazy, but its true), your skin is radiant, you hair is more healthy, and you get to enjoy feeling your baby move inside of you, what could be better? Of course it does bring a lot of discomfort, but the whole experience is so fascinating and new and exciting that it makes me actually miss it. I look back and can't believe that Tatum is 8 months old already. Has it really been that long since I sat in that hospital bed anticipating the arrival of my precious baby boy? Everyday I look at my son and can't believe this is my life. I love being a mom!!

How funny is this? Tatum is balancing on Stephanie's stomach - now that takes some skill!!


Ya Tatum!!

So ever since Tatum was born he has needed to be bundled up for him to fall asleep. Well we got home late last night and Tatum was already alseep, so I carefully transfered him from his carseat to his crib. Out of curiosity I didn't bundle him up just to see how long he would sleep this way and he slept without waking up until 7:30 this morning! Then later this morning, when it was time for his nap, I just put him in his crib with his blanket and this is what happened...


They are so cute when they are alseep!

No comments: